No posts were found.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Support all construction-related activities during various phases of assigned Projects, using basic labor skills necessary to complete all assigned Projects on time and in accordance with our clients’ specific needs and concerns. Communicates openly and honestly; works diligently toward building long- lasting, non-adversarial, relationships with all internal and external customers. In addition, he or she consistently works toward developing a spirit of cooperation and mutual respect with all Project stakeholders by adhering to Pointer Construction Group’s Mission Statement and Guiding Principles.
The current critical tasks of this position are described below; however, they may be subject to change at any time to facilitate departmental growth or to provide career advancement opportunity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
1. Ability to work with other team members.
2. Knowledge on a stand-alone basis to perform general carpentry skills.
3. Knowledge and some skills of general concrete placing, forming principles and practices.
4. Knowledge and some skills of rough and finish carpentry principles and practices.
5. Basic knowledge of building codes.
6. Knowledge of other trades and how their work interfaces with the Project as a whole.
7. Helps maintain a clean and safe Project as directed by the Superintendent and Company project stakeholders.
8. Assists with the loading and unloading of equipment and raw materials.
9. Continues the pursuit of professional development through course work, seminars and continuing education to increase effectiveness at the current level and to enhance the skills and knowledge needed for career advancement and increased responsibility.
10. Maintains tools and equipment in safe working condition.
Financial Accountabilities: Confers with the Foreman and/or Superintendent when revisions are needed due to changes in the Project activities. Makes daily financial decisions based on moral, ethical, and rational accountability to promote the long-term value, growth, and financial welfare of Pointer Construction Group.
Individual Interface: Interfaces with internal and external stakeholders of the Project and Company. Acts professionally, uses good judgment, and diplomacy at all times. Projects an awareness of all current activity of the Project and a willingness to assist whenever possible.
Managerial Responsibilities: No managerial responsibilities involved.
Decision Making: No decision-making responsibilities involved.
Supervisory Responsibility: No supervisory responsibility involved.
Education/Experience: Secondary education and two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Good command of oral and written English language skills. Ability to read and interpret various construction related documents; i.e., Blueprints, Shop Drawings, Delivery Tickets, OSHA Regulations, Safety Rules, Operating and Maintenance Instructions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid State of Florida driver’s license.
Physical Demands of Position: Capable of traversing over construction-type terrain when under development; moving through the construction site and the materials in place for use on the site; climbing ladders, and temporary stairways. Ability to safely lift 70 lbs and to use hand and power tools to perform general labor tasks.